Saturday, June 23, 2012

Breakfast Bacon, Egg and Cheese Wreath

Saturday mornings are usually the days when we get to have "real" breakfasts since everyone is home.  During the week, Munchkin and I just have cereal or oatmeal, but on the weekends either Hubby or I can make a real meal for all of us.  Today, I decided to try a recipe I found here.  Mine didn't quite turn out like hers did (at least they didn't look the same).

So here it is:

Bacon, Egg and cheese breakfast wreath

1 can of crescents 8count
5 large eggs
1 cup of shredded cheese ( I used cheddar and Italian blend because that's what we had in the fridge)
8 slices of fully cooked bacon

Preheat oven to 375.
Cook the bacon and scramble the eggs and set aside.
Mmmm....bacon goodness

This is what happens when you turn your back
on a 2 year old and a carton of eggs

Place the crescents in a star formation on parchment paper lined cookie sheet (I didn't have any parchment and I think I needed to put the crescents a little closer together next time)

Lay the bacon strips out on the crescents and sprinkle a ring of cheese.

Add the eggs on top, then some more cheese.  Fold over the crescents and press the tips together (mine didn't quite meet up, so I pressed them down as best I could)

Place into preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crescents are golden brown.

We were all very hungry by this point, well not Munchkin because she was eating already.  You see, she loves eggs, bacon and cheese but apparently not when you put them all together.  So, I made extra eggs, she had one slice of bacon and a banana (or two, actually).  But Hubby and I were anxiously waiting for the timer to ding.

Mine got a little stuck because I didn't have parchment
paper and I forgot to grease the pan
So, Saturday breakfast was a success...there's only two slices left (and there's only the two of us eating!) Not too shabby for the first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment