Monday, September 17, 2012

Road trip!

We got back yesterday from a week long trip to Spokane.  All four of us (Me, Hubby, Munchkin and Squishy) drove over there from Portland on the 7th and then Hubby flew out to Ohio Saturday morning for a work seminar thing.  He was gone for all of last week, returning Friday morning.  The girls and I stayed with some friends who have a little boy 3 months younger than Munchkin.  It was a lot of fun, we went to the park several times, took the kids to a children's museum, and just hung out.

We left Spokane this last Saturday and drove to Meridian, ID so Hubby could check in on a customer of his.  We stayed the night in a hotel there and then woke up Sunday morning to Munchkin having a fever and dry heaving.  Great.  We had a 7 hour drive ahead of us and sick kiddo, not going to be fun. 

We went through a drive through to get breakfast for me and I decided to get Munchkin some oatmeal (which wasn't bad for fast food).  She would have eaten the whole thing if I had let her, but I made her stop and she eventually fell asleep.  About 3 hours later, I saw the oatmeal again...We had to pull over on the side of the freeway and get everything cleaned up and get Munchkin calmed down.  We managed to make it home without another incident, but she didn't really eat or drink much the rest of the trip. 
Once we were home I was able to take her temperature and she had a fever of 102.5!  I gave her some Tylenol and she went to bed.  I was a bit surprised she didn't wake up during the night, but she was up bright and early at 6:30 wanting water.  I gave her some and then had her lay in bed and watch cartoons with me and Squishy.  She then decided to get off the bed and throw up all the water she drank.  And then, promptly asked me for oatmeal.  Kids, huh?  I convinced her to have some toast and a few dry cheerios and so far, so good. 

But of course, now Squishy and I are coming down with something.  I think we caught a cold from someone we met while in Spokane (I won't hold it against her, these things happen). 

So, today I get to take care of two sick girls and try not to get too sick myself.  Thinking it's time for some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment