Thursday, August 23, 2012

101.7

Squishy has been running a fever for the last day and a half.  We went to the Dr yesterday since it had been over 24 hours that she had the fever with no improvement.  Last night she was sweating a lot...I'm talking, her onsie was wet under the arms like she just ran a marathon...and she felt kind of clammy, so I was hoping that meant her fever was breaking.  When she went to bed, she didn't feel warm so I figured we were good.  She woke up this morning feeling hot again and her temp was 100.3 (before she ripped the thermometer out)  so, not as high as it had been, but still not back to normal.

She's never been sick.  Being 8 months old and having spent the beginning of her life in the winter months, I'd say that's pretty good.  They say breastfed babies don't get sick as much and I guess it's true, but I guess I was also hoping it would mean she NEVER got sick.  I don't like it when my babies are sick. 

Munchkin is having a hard time too, she doesn't understand that Squishy is sick and is constantly wanting to play with her.  I told her Squishy doesn't feel good right now and needs to rest, but she still asks me to put her down so they can play. 

Today is day number 3 of this fever, if she's not feeling better by tomorrow afternoon, I may have to take her back to the Dr.  I just wish I could make her better now.  It's unfortunate that my kisses don't make fevers go away.  Maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment