Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Potty Training: The Saga

I realize that Munchkin won't be in diapers forever, but I also would love to only have one in diapers right now to  make my life a lot easier.  Selfish?  Probably.  But I'm not pressuring her to train, we're doing this at her pace... no matter how much I want it to happen NOW!

I've read a LOT about toilet training.  All different opinions, ideas, tips, tricks, you name it, I've probably read it.  Potty train in 3 days?  Sounds nice, but with an 8 month old in tow, I think that one would be kind of hard to manage. 
For now, I'm watching her signs and not forcing the potty.  Today we made a big step, she acknowledge she had to go, before she went.  She got up, ran to her bedroom and said "Gotta go poop!!"  :)  So I said, "Let's go on the potty!"  To which she replied, "No, go poop in room."  I finally convinced her to go to the bathroom, but she already went in her diaper.  But this is going in the right direction, in my opinion.

Several articles I've read said to put the contents of their diaper into the potty so they understand that's where it needs to go.  That seems like a big mess to me...so I haven't done that.

All in all, I'd call it a success in the big picture.  We're getting there...one diaper at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment