But, nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I made sure we had what I needed and baked two loaves yesterday (technically only one was a loaf though, I had to bake the other half in an 8x8 pan and it turned out just fine).
Blueberry Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter two 5x9-inch loaf pans. (or in my case one 5x9 and one 8x8)
- Combine 3 1/4 cups flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter, sour cream, and sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 6-8 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add vanilla and mix.
- Beat eggs, and add to mixer bowl in small additions, mixing thoroughly after each and scraping down sides. Add flour mixture in small additions, mixing until just incorporated.
- Toss blueberries in remaining 2 tablespoons flour; fold into batter. Divide batter between pans. Tap on counter to distribute; smooth tops.
- Bake until a tester inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, about 65 minutes. I started the timer at 45 min since I had the different shaped pan. The 8x8 went for about 55 min and the 5x9 went for the full 65.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
Mmm...just look at that berry goodness!